Hay Pick Pocket
The Pick Pocket can be used as a Hanging Slowfeeder in the stable/float/yard or as a Ground Slowfeeder in the stable/yard or paddock, the Choice is Yours
Price: Small Bag- $85.00
Large Bag- $100.00
Mesh size is 3.5 x 3.5 cm but other mesh sizes can be ordered (needs to be 2 or more nets) by contacting email@example.com
- The outer material is made from a robust PVC Weave Material
- The Mesh is made strong Yachting Rope and is highly durable
- Finished with quality sailing sewing thread and quality clips, pressed stud closures
- Made in Australia
- The Pick Pocket comes in a range of mesh sizes:
- 2.5 x 2.5
- 3.5 x 3.5
- 4.5 x 4.5
- The different mesh sizes allow you to choose the size that fits your horses exact requirements and to suit his/her grazing habits
- Two sizes of bag available:
- Small appro. 61cm wide x 64cm high Holds 2-3 biscuits of hay
- Large appro. 72cm wide x 85cm high Holds 3-4 biscuits of hay
NOTE: Material colours may vary
CLICK HERE to view video
Reduces the risk of ulcers, increased digestion, alleviates boredom, increased chew time and weight management.
Is it good to feed my horse from ground level?
-Allows the horse to maintain a natural grazing position which allows for correct function of the jaw bone, which allows for natural wear of teeth.
-Minimizing the inhalation of dust and particles in nasal passage and eyes.
If the size and mesh you would like is unavailable please email firstname.lastname@example.org we have more arriving in-store shortly.
We have been getting a lot of questions recently about, what separates The Hay Pick Pocket from its competitors?
These are the reasons why the Hay Pick Pocket is the superior product:
1. We have extensively trialed the product for 8 months prior to its release into the horse market, to ensure we had a product we could stand behind confidently. A warranty will be offered on this product to give our customers the purchase confidence they deserve.
2. Why do we use a PVC weave instead of canvas or synthetic material?
The PVC weave was designed after trailing a synthetic and canvas style pocket. The reason we changed the outer material was due to the fact we found that during the wet season water pooled inside the hay pillow (came in through mesh) leaving hay sitting in water, which ultimately leads to moldy hay.
The PVC Weave, was designed to allow water to drain through the bag under wet conditions and dust in the dryer months.
However in wet and muddy conditions we do advise, for our customers to hang the bag if they want the hay to be water and mud free. All Hay Pick Pockets come with a hanging strap.
3. Why Stud Closures instead of Zip?
We initially trialed a heavy duty wet-suit zip. We went away from this design due to numerous customers contacting us about the zip getting stuck due to hay and mud build up. We decided this was a design fault and have since changed it to a simple yet effective solution: The stud closure.
4. Slow Feeder Mesh- Our Mesh is made from heavy duty yachting rope, to ensure longevity against hungry/greedy ponies. We advertise our net as a slowfeeder because we can offer you your choice of mesh size. 2.5cm (for the real greedy guts), 3.5cm ( a standard slow feeder) or 4.0cm (for those with older horses or fussy eaters)
5. We are committed to providing our customers with the best product possible and are always open to design improvements.